Build the foundations of early learning with Johnnie Max, an all new online literacy program for PreK-K.
Complete English / Spanish equity across all components supports English learners, bilingual children, and dual language classrooms.
Explore the program:
Sign up now for a FREE 30 DAY TRIAL!
Integrated Across All Lessons
Introduce core concepts and build background
Each lesson begins with an engaging video that introduces concepts and vocabulary. The Teacher and Home Guides provide discussion support at key teachable moments. Children can watch these information-packed videos over and over in school or at home.
Interactive Nonfiction eBooks
The eBooks are the instructional core of the program. The content aligns to literacy, science, math, and social studies standards and builds the foundations of digital navigational skills.
Designed to be used for whole class instruction, in small groups, and by individual students and their caregivers. ALL text is supported with audio.
- Explore academic concepts with standards-aligned nonfiction content
- Engage dialogic reading to develop oral language and vocabulary skills
- Advance English learners with strong text-to-picture support
Interactive eBook Features
Interactive features built into each eBook page deepen and consolidate knowledge gains.
Locate photo origin and promote global awareness
Develop critical thinking skills and reinforce vocabulary
Expand core content and academic vocabulary
Multi-disciplinary Content in Three Book Types
These fun, interactive games provide endless practice with content and academic vocabulary, while providing teachers and caregivers with useful insights into students’ progress.
- Games provide multiple exposures to vocabulary words. Randomization makes every round of game-play a new experience, reinforcing learning.
- Results are automatically recorded in the learning management system and reported to teachers and caregivers to support additional reinforcement in class or at home.
- Students can play as often as they want, building fluency.
Digital Fiction Books
These charming stories engage children in The Adventures of Johnnie Max. The fiction series introduces the relatable characters, Johnnie Max and Sarabella, and involve children in global exploration, one continent at a time. The series:
Tells the origin of program mentor, Johnnie Max, a mysterious and adorable robot with advanced artificial intelligence
Develops and supports social-emotional learning as Johnnie Max learns what it means to be human
Builds global awareness by taking children along with the characters as they explore and discover our wondrous world
Hands-On Activity Videos
These videos model hands-on activities for in-class or at-home fun!
- Extend at-home learning
- Provide step-by-step support for hands-on activities
- Expand listening vocabulary
All your program content and your students’ progress is accessible on one platform.
Content and Program Management
- Classroom presentation mode
- Lesson planning and assigning
- Student assessment and reporting
- Standards alignment reporting
- Parent/caregiver access to all content
- Automatic progress updates and reporting
- Home Guides to support at-home learning
School-Home Connection App
Built specially for Johnnie Max teachers and families to enable easy, real-time communication. Available for iOS and Android devices.
The Johnnie Max Communication App:
Enables the easy exchange of information and media between school and home
Alerts teachers and parents about ongoing assessment and progress to facilitate continued support in class or at home
Teacher and Home Guides
- Teacher and Home Guides support all components.
- Explicit dialogic reading strategies support learning goals.
- Outdoor Adventures! activities extend learning for hands-on exploration outdoors.
- Develop dialogic reading knowledge and competencies.
- Professional development videos model dialogic reading strategies with real users.